Sunday, September 21, 2008

Emmys

Hello

John Hodgman was twittering from the Emmys. How neat is that*? I think these might have been the worst Emmys of my lifetime. The reality hosts understood that they are worthless human beings except for Howie Mandel, who seemed to think he was entertaining, and not just someone that tells bimbos to open a briefcase (after a 30 second cocktease). The thing is, there are oftentimes a host that is not as entertaining as he thinks he is. They usually don't take 15 minutes being not as entertaining as they think they are. You could tell he was going off script, and what that ends up meaning is actual entertaining people, or people who won an award (Mandel won zero awards) do not get their moment to say thanks.

That's a crime, in my opinion. It doesn't mean a lot to most people maybe, but to me the best parts of the Emmys are the parts where either an entertaining person wins, or someone who hasn't won before wins. Those moments were taken away from a few people because of Mandel. I was very happy for the people who stood up for actual entertainment that made fun of him, like Jeremy Piven and Neil Patrick Harris.

Besides Don Rickles and Stewart, Colbert, and Gervais, the people making fun of the 'reality TV' people were the best. Jimmy Kimmel, someone who I actually like, tried to stick up for the reality TV people. "You know that you watch them" he said. I don't watch them. I refuse to watch them. And I refuse to watch them so that I can support actual talent, that does something better than Ow My Balls.

Finally, on a shallow note, was there anything gross you've ever seen than Mary Tyler Moores' arms? She's a brilliant comedian and deserve all the respect in the world. But, damn, those were some nasty arms. If you think I'm being catty do a GIS I'm being true.

Bye bye




*Very neat.

No comments: