Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some Confusion!

Hello

We have some people at work that moved desks, and now they sit about 10 feet down from me.  One of them was on the phone and I overheard this:

"...Yes can I speak to Mr something?  ... Hello how--... no, nothing is wrong... I'm from [company] and I wanted to ask you--... oh, oh geez, I didn't know...  Geez, I'm sorry, I didn't know.... oh... so should I call back later?... OK... OK I'll call back later sorry."

The lady turns to her co-workers sitting near to her: "Oh my god y'all, did you know it is 3 AM in Australia right now?"

"Oh no, it is?  What'd you do?"

"I was trying to make a sale... he said he assumed someone was dead when he got the call."

"Oh my god!"

"I know oh my god!"


I laughed a lot.  Who could have guessed that a country half way around the world would have a timezone nearly 12 hours different than ours?  

Bye bye

No comments: