Thursday, September 18, 2008

Georgians Come to Work

Hello

Georgians came to visit today! We got an e-mail in the morning that said Georgians were coming to visit the place I work (I'm a consultant there, they make books, I write code). Probably so if Georgia ever gets schools they can sell them textbooks. They stressed in the e-mail that this is the COUNTRY of Georgia, not the state. And that the COUNTRY of Georgia is located "near Asia."

At first I thought this made sense to warn the employees about the difference, because in my experience most people hear Georgia and think State. This ended up not being necessary at all though, you could immediately tell the difference. For one, these guys were not chewing on straw or drinking moonshine. They also were not sitting on top of a truck or yelling "YEEHAH" which is something I've been lead to believe Stateofgeorgians do. They did have one thing in common though, which is the fact that I apparently can't understand a word either kind of Georgian says.

These Georgians were not what I expected. I think Eastern Europeans are super hot. I don't know if it is the starving (a lot of them are anorexics I guess), the glazed over eyes, the weird fashion sense or what, but I'm all about it. These Georgians were NOT super hot! One of them was at least 60. These ones did not look like the kind you see in the movies... it was more like the kind you see in the news.

If I had to summarize my experience with the Georgians it would be: Disappointing.

Bye bye

No comments: